Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Don't judge a person by its cover

Have you ever judged someone based on something someone else did? The book that I am reading is "Middle School My Brother Is A Big, Fat Liar", written by James Patterson. The book is about this girl name Georgia, she graduated from her old school and now go's to a new school. Her brother used to go to the school that she go's to. Georgia is having a difficult time with her brother because he is always bothering her. Since Rafe use to go to her school everybody thinks that she will be bad like her brother and now she is trying to prove that she is not. In the book or story, Georgia is negatively impacted by her relationship with her brother, Rafe because of his reputation  people make assumptions about her.

In the beginning of the book or story, Rafe spray painted the hallways. So Georgia walked in the hallway and the teacher thought that she did it with her brother she didn't. This effects Georgia's relationship with other characters in the book. For example in the first day of school when Georgia was going to her class, her teacher thought she was going to do something bad. Since her brother colored the board and the teacher got really mad.

Further along the story we learned that Rafe pranks his teacher. The prank was that he poured water to the teacher. Later on Georgia has the same teacher that Rafe had. People in the school viewed her like her brother just because there brothers and sisters. They thought that she was going to prank the gym teacher, so the gym teacher made her do twenty push-ups. She got really tired of saying yes we are brothers, so every time she go's into her next class the first thing she said was " yes I am the sister of Rafe".

What I learned so far in the book is don't judge just because they know someone that you don't like. This connects with me because my brother used to go to my old public school. The teachers thought I was going to be like my brothers but I wasn't. Another reason why this connects to me because my brother was also doing doing a lot of pranks in my uncle's house and my uncle thought I was going to do that but I never did. In the story Georgia was treated bad because she is brothers with Rafe, because of what he did people are having there opinions about Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment